04 Jan Immigration Reform Promises of Joe Biden
By Atty. Chris Caday Lozano
President Elect Joe Biden Promised during the campaign to reform the immigration system of the United States in the first 100 days in office.
As this year comes to an end and the inauguration of Joe Biden as the next president of the United States approaches, there are rising expectations that the dysfunctional state of U.S. immigration can finally be addressed and reforms adopted to repair what is not working. Apart from what Biden promised in the campaign, several other encouraging initiatives are also being circulated in Congress. All of them contain proposals worthy of consideration.
President-elect Biden outlined his program for immigration reform during the campaign. It contained the following key promises:
- Immediately reverse the Trump Administration’s policies that separate parents from their children at our border.
- End Trump’s asylum policies.
- End prolonged detention and reinvest in a case management program.
- Reverse Trump’s public charge rule
- End the so-called National Emergency that siphons federal dollars from the Department of Defense to build a wall.
- Protect Dreamers and their families.
- Rescind the so-called “Muslim bans.”
- Order an immediate review of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for vulnerable populations who cannot find safety in their countries ripped apart by violence or disaster.
- Ensure that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) personnel abide by professional standards and are held accountable for inhumane treatment.
In addition to the above there are other worthwhile immigration reforms being discussed in congress that will be addressed by the next congress. Stay tuned.
Note: This is not a legal advice.
1. For the month of October 2020, we received from USCIS seven approvals of Family petitions, and one Removal of Condition on residence.
2. For the month of September 2020, we received three naturalization approvals, four I-130 petition approvals and one DACA approval.
3. For the month of August 2020, we received three renewals of green card and four naturalization approvals from USCIS.
4. For the month of July 2020, we received two approvals of Naturalization applications from USCIS.
5. For the month of June 2020, we received approvals from USCIS two naturalization applications, two renewal of green card and one adjustment of status.
6. For the month of May 2020, we received approvals from USCIS for three green card renewals, two adjustments of status, and one naturalization application.
7. for the month of April 2020. We received approval of one adjustment of status, three removal of condition on residence and one renewal of green card.
8. For the month of March 2020, we received six Adjustment of Status and three Naturalization approvals from USCIS.
9. For the month of February 2020, we received approvals from USCIS of five Adjustment of Status applications and three Naturalization applications.
10. For the month of January 2020, we received approvals from USCIS of five Adjustments of status applications, three N-400 applications for naturalization and three fiancé visa applications.
11. For the month of December 2019, we received four approvals of naturalization applications, five approvals of Adjustment of Status applications, two approvals of Petition to remove condition on residence, one renewal of green card approval and one green card application at the U.S. Embassy.
12. For the month of November 2019, we received approvals of one naturalization application, one renewal of green card, one Petition to remove condition on residence and one adjustment of status.
If you have immigration problems the Law Offices of Crispin C. Lozano can help you find a solution before your problem gets worse which could lead to deportation and family separation.
Chris Caday Lozano, Esq. is an active member of the State Bar of California, the American Immigration Lawyers Association and San Francisco Trial Lawyers. He practices immigration law, bankruptcy and personal injury law since June 1999. His contact phone is 1-877-456-9266, email: info@CCLlaw.net