13 Nov Spouses and Children of Green Card holders is Current for November 2019
By Atty. Crispin Caday Lozano
The final action date under the Visa Bulletin for November 2019 is now current. On the other hand, the filing date for the November visa bulletin is for petitions filed before September 1, 2019. Despite this difference, the USCIS determines that the beneficiary of F2A may file an adjustment of status if they are in the United States. The F-2A category which represents the spouses and minor children of green card holder is now current which means any petition by green card holder in the U.S. can be adjudicated for I-485 adjustment of status on the condition that the beneficiary has a valid stay or a beneficiary of Sec. 245(i). If the green card holder has yet to file an I-130 visa petition, the I-130 and the I-485 can be submitted simultaneously.
Normally, the family 2A category has been backlogged 18-24 months, so this may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. If you qualify to adjust status based on petition by a green card holder, you must file it in November 2019, to qualify for the benefits. This packet should include an application for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and an Advance Parole (AP) international travel document.
- What if the spouse and children of the Green Card holder are outside the US?
- If your spouse/children are abroad, and your I-130 for them has been approved, make sure that you submit all of the required paperwork to the National Visa Center immediately so that your spouse/children can be scheduled for their immigrant visa interviews in November 2019.
- What if a Green Card holder is planning to get married and the spouse-to-be is in the U.S. in valid stay?
- If you are a green card holder you may want to get married in November 2019 and adjust the status of your spouse by November 2019.
Note: This is not a legal advice.
- For the month of October 2019, we received five naturalization application approvals and two renewal of green card and one DACA approval.
- For the month of September 2019, we received approval of two naturalization applications, one adjustment of status and one application to remove condition on residence.
- For the month of August, 2019, we received approval from Immigration Court for a waiver of misrepresentation for a client who has committed marriage fraud. We also received approval from USCIS of two naturalization applications and two fiancé visa petition.
- For the month of July 2019, we received approvals of three N-400 application for Naturalization, one I-751 Petition to remove condition of residence with interview and two I-90 renewal of green card.
- For June 2019, we received approvals of four adjustment of status, six naturalization applications and two certificate of citizenship applications, and one Removal of condition on resident.
- On May 6, 2019, we received approvals of three adjustment of status applications and two Naturalization applications.
- On April 24, 2019, we received approval from USCIS for three naturalization applications and one adjustment of status.
- On March 29, 2019, we received an approval of adjustment of status for a client whose petitioner and primary beneficiary has died under INA 204(l)
- On March 28, 2019, we received an approval of renewal of green card for a client who was in the Philippines under medical treatment for one and a half years.
- From March 4 to 26, 2019, we received six adjustment of status approvals.
- For the month of February, 2019, we received tow approvals of renewal of green card and one approval of removal of condition on residence.
- On January 16, 2019, we received an approval of naturalization for a client who received a waiver of misrepresentation in Immigration Court.
If you have immigration problems the Law Offices of Crispin C. Lozano can help you find a solution before your problem gets worse which could lead to deportation and family separation.
Crispin Caday Lozano, Esq. is an active member of the State Bar of California, the American Immigration Lawyers Association and San Francisco Trial Lawyers. He practices immigration law, bankruptcy and personal injury law since June 1999. His contact phone is 1-877-456-9266, email: info@CCLlaw.net