Steps to speed up immigration to the US

For most of the immigrants, family unity is the most important part of staying in the United States. However, many failed to use a strategy or process that will make them united faster than what is happening. There are lots of strategies that family unity may be achieved. Some of them are:

  1. For a newly married couple with one having a green card, filing a petition for spouse and all qualified children once an immigrant received his green card. Remember that even if you are a green card holder, you can petition your spouse and children as soon as you receive your green card. You do not have to wait for you to become a U.S. citizen to petition a wife or husband and children. There are many cases when a minor child could have been included in the petition but for some reason they were left behind and age out.
  2. When a person is petitioned by a U.S. citizen spouse, the U.S. citizen spouse may also filed a petition for the step children below 18 at the time of their marriage. This was always set aside or forgotten for some reason. The same is true when an employment-based petition is filed. Once the priority date has been established for the worker, the spouse and children become derivative of the petition. They can immigrate with the petitioned worker.
  3. Conditional permanent residents may also start petitioning their children without waiting for the permanent green card which is taking a long period of time in the processing of the case This will save precious time for the children so that they will not age out.
  4. You can file for naturalization even if you have a pending petition for a child who is over 21 years of age. Beforehand, you may not naturalize because the priority date will change for a children of green card holder to that of a U.S. citizen. Now you can request the USCIS to keep the priority date of your children under the category of children of permanent resident. This is called Request for cancellation of automatic conversion.

Note: This is not a legal advice and presented for information purposes only. If you have immigration problems the Law Offices of Crispin C. Lozano can help you find a solution before your problem gets worse, which could lead to deportation and family separation.


    Our Law Firm entered into agreement with Care Home Facilities in the U.S. to process applicants for Caregivers in the US
    You may qualify if you six months experience as Caregivers
    Applicants Inside the United States or in the Philippines or other countries may qualify. Your relatives may also qualify.

Bankruptcy Basics

We also process Bankruptcy cases.

  1. Bankruptcy will improve your credit within one year because your unsecured debts are discharged. Although the bankruptcy will be in your records for 10 years, not filing bankruptcy will make your credit even worse until most of your debts are paid.

Chris Caday Lozano, Esq. is an active member of the State Bar of California, the American Immigration Lawyers Association and San Francisco Trial Lawyers. He has practiced immigration law and bankruptcy since June 1999. His contact phone is 1-877-456-9266, email: Website: with offices in Hayward and Cerritos, CA.

Toll Free 1-877-4LOZANO for free consultation or Schedule an Appointment