04 Jan What to consider before applying for Naturalization
When applying for naturalization, there are problems many applicants encountered during the interview process. This is because they look at how you first get your green card and what actions you have made while a green card holder. Listed below are some of them:
1. Proving good faith marriage. You will be surprised that you are applying for naturalization and yet the USCIS is considering you as a green card applicant although your marriage happened ten years ago. If you obtained your green card through marriage, no matter how many years has passed, they always asked questions and documents about whether your marriage is bona fide and what joint documents support this marriage.
2. Proving family relationship if you were petitioned by your parents, siblings or as derivative of your parents. You should be able to show proof of your relationship through marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce or death certificate, whichever documents applied to your case.
3. If you were involved is a crime, no matter how minor you think it is, they will always look for documentation if you have been convicted and if you served your sentence.
4. There are crimes that will make you deportable when applying for naturalization. This will include committing two crimes of moral turpitude or an aggravated felony. Theft is a crime involving moral turpitude. There is waiver available, and you should talk to an immigration lawyer.
5. Green card holders who obtained their green card through misrepresentation may also be sent to removal proceedings. These include those who committed marriage fraud or declared as single but actually married when they first entered the U.S. If you have this kind of problem, you need to talk to an immigration attorney to find if you qualify for a waiver of fraud or misrepresentation.
6. Failure to file and pay your income tax may also disqualify you for naturalization. If you have a payment plan agreement with the IRS and you keep paying the monthly payments, you may be able to get approved. Again you need to consult with an immigration lawyer about your situation.
7. Failure to pay child support. You may be denied if you fail to pay for child support.
8. If you stayed outside the U.S. for more than 180 days in a single year, you may be denied naturalization.
9. If you lack the required period of residency, you may also be denied.
So that you will not have a problem when applying for naturalization, you should consult with an immigration attorney to avoid possible problem along the way.
Note: This is not a legal advice
- Bankruptcy will actually improve your credit within one year because your unsecured debts are discharged. Although the bankruptcy will be in your records for 10 years, not filing bankruptcy will make your credit even worse until most your debts are paid.
- If you are being sued by your creditors, most money judgment can be eliminated in bankruptcy.
- Collection actions continue and you can be sued if you are in debt settlement.
- Chapter 7 will eliminate all unsecured debts. If you are near retirement age, you must eliminate most of your debts.
- Bankruptcy will stop foreclosure actions. If your trustee sale date is 10 days before, you can still file for bankruptcy.
- If your salary is being garnished, you have a court case about debts or you are being harassed by creditors, bankruptcy can stop garnishment, court cases, harassing creditors and eliminate the debt.
- Bankruptcy is cheaper, faster and safer than debt settlement which has no guaranteed success.
- Preserve your health, eliminate stress and live a happy life.
- PETITION FOR NURSES AND CAREGIVERS
Our Law Firm entered into agreement with nursing facilities in the U.S. to process applicants for Nurses, LVN and Caregivers in the US. We also process petition for caregivers from the Philippines or inside the US.
You may qualify if you have RN or LVN license
Inside or outside the United States
Have caregiving experience.
2. BIG TAX REFUNDS FOR SELF-EMPLOYED
The Coronavirus Cares Act Sick and Family Leave for Self-Employed provides big tax refunds for self employed individuals for tax years 2020 and 2021. If you have filed your tax return and failed to avail of this refund contact us for consultation. The refund ranges from $4000 to $32000 per individual self employed depending on your income.
Call our office at 1-877-456-9266 for confidential consultation
CLAIM FOR UNPAID WAGES
We help our clients recover from employers’ unpaid minimum wage and overtime. Undocumented workers are qualified to apply.
Our Law Firm successfully settled a car accident for $675.000.
We also handle uncontested DIVORCE.
For the month of December, 2022, we received approval from USCIS three naturalization applications, two Fiancée visa petition, two removals of condition on residence and four adjustment of status applications.
Note: If you have immigration problems write us a letter and we will reply to you with no initial obligation. The Law Offices of Crispin C. Lozano can help you find a solution before your problem gets worse, which could lead to deportation and family separation. You may request a free consultation at one of our offices in Hayward or Cerritos, CA, or by phone at 1-877-456-9266. www.crispinlozanolaw.com, email at firstname.lastname@example.org