What you should know before applying for Naturalization

Before you apply for naturalization you should know your personal situation such as your immigration history and family history. There are problems many applicants encountered during the interview process. This is because they look at how you first get your green card and what actions you have made while a green card holder. Listed below are some of them:

  1. Proving good faith marriage. You will be surprised that you are applying for naturalization and yet the USCIS is considering you as a green card applicant although your marriage happened ten years ago. If you obtained your green card through marriage, no matter how many years has passed, they always asked questions and documents about whether your marriage is bona fide and what joint documents support this marriage.
  2. Proving family relationship if you were petitioned by your parents, siblings or as derivative of your parents. You should be able to show proof of your relationship through marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce or death certificate, whichever documents applied to your case.
  3. If you were involved is a crime, no matter how minor you think it is, they will always look for documentation if you have been convicted and if you served your sentence.
  4. There are crimes that will make you deportable when applying for naturalization. This will include committing two crimes of moral turpitude or an aggravated felony. Theft is a crime involving moral turpitude. There is waiver available, and you should talk to an immigration lawyer.
  5. Green card holders who obtained their green card through misrepresentation may also be sent to removal proceedings. These include those who committed marriage fraud or declared as single but actually married when they first entered the U.S. If you have this kind of problem, you need to talk to an immigration attorney to find if you qualify for a waiver of fraud or misrepresentation.
  6. Failure to file and pay your income tax may also disqualify you for naturalization. If you have a payment plan agreement with the IRS and you keep paying the monthly payments, you may be able to get approved. Again you need to consult with an immigration lawyer about your situation.
  7. Failure to pay child support. You may be denied if you fail to pay for child support.
  8. If you stayed outside the U.S. for more than 180 days in a single year, you may be denied naturalization.
  9. If you lack the required period of residency, you may also be denied.

So that you will not have a problem when applying for naturalization, you should consult with an immigration attorney to avoid possible problem along the way.

Note: This is not a legal advice

    Our Law Firm entered into agreement with nursing facilities in the U.S. to process applicants for Nurses, LVN and Caregivers in the US
    You may qualify if you have RN or LVN license. Caregivers will need six months of caregiving experience.
    Applicants Inside or outside the United States may qualify.

Bankruptcy Basics

We also process Bankruptcy cases.

  1. Bankruptcy will actually improve your credit within one year because your unsecured debts are discharged. Although the bankruptcy will be in your records for 10 years, not filing bankruptcy will make your credit even worse until most your debts are paid.
  2. If you are being sued by your creditors, most money judgment can be eliminated in bankruptcy.
  3. Collection actions continue and you can be sued if you are in debt settlement.
  4. Chapter 7 will eliminate all unsecured debts. If you are near retirement age, you must eliminate most of your debts.

Our Law Firm successfully settled a car accident for $675.000.

We also handle uncontested DIVORCE.

We can help you if you need an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer ID number) We also prepare income tax returns and if you are under IRS audit, and need a representation with IRS, need to reduce your tax liability or need to offer a payment plan to IRS, we can help you with that.

For the month of April, 2023, we received approval from USCIS for four naturalization applications, one Fiancée visa petition, two removals of condition on residence and five adjustment of status applications.

If you have immigration problems the Law Offices of Crispin C. Lozano can help you find a solution before your problem gets worse that may lead to removal.

Toll Free 1-877-4LOZANO for free consultation or Schedule an Appointment